Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Is This Bitchy?

I've just realised that I give nicknames to practically everyone I meet. Now that may initially sound sweet but they're not nice monikers. I don't know whether I do it to amuse myself or whether I don't care about their exsistence enough to use their proper names?

Par example:

Sideshow Bob: A man who has often been in my creative writing workshops and literature seminars over the last three years and is far too intelligent for my liking. I take comfort in the fact that he is quite detached from reality because he is a skinny white man from some posh part of Southern England but he has foot long dreadlocks - all these facts combined equals the name Sideshow Bob. Clever, no? Anyway, he ain't never gonna get a job unless it's on the till at a surf and skate shop.

Fisting Boy: An accomplice to Sideshow Bob, he once wrote a metaphorical poem about fisting so he only has himself to blame for this label. He seems nice but I really don't want to know him anymore than I already do, which is not at all. As I once said, "There is a time and a place for fisting and a poetry workshop is not it."

Wanking Boy: We sat next to him once in a lecture and all the way through my pal kept pulling her nose at me and as we left the hall she announced, quite loudly, "Was it just me or did that boy smell of sperm?". Ah, poor wanking boy. He looks like the sort who has many a video file in his computer documents.

That Fat Slag: Not the most original but entirely appropiate when used to describe my next door neighbour.

Jesus Freak: Again, not creative and the only reason she gets called this is because she has one of those fish stickers on her bumper.

Laura: That's her actual name but she is so frickin' creepy we have to pronounce it Laaaaauu-raaaaaaaaa!

Library Twat: This fucker works in the Uni library and acts like it's the most stressful job in the world. He is always bitching about something and when you try to get books out he says stuff like, "God, you don't wanna read that!"

Book Shop Twat: Similar to Library Twat he acts like it's really cool and high pressure to work in the Uni book shop and tries to chat you up in that, "I don't give a shit about you" way which I would actually kinda like if I was trying to start a relationship not buying a fucking book.

Wild Bill: He is a mature student who has a slightly, well, wild aura surrounding him. He can be really rude sometimes, particularly to lecturers but the most exciting thing that happened was when we saw him with one of our tutors in the supermarket, together, buying courgettes!

Creepy Andrew: He is like this albino daddy long legs who seriously freaks me out. No matter where I sit in a room his long limbs manage to touch me. Once he sat right next to me and put his arm round the back of my chair in a seminar! Ugh. He also managed to write 'I suck cock for ten pounds' on my arm in black marker at a party once when my Dad was picking me up the next day.

I think I'll stick to my nicknames, everybody does it, right?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me and my friends have a lot of nicknames for people around us. For example:

The dictator = A professor at my school.

Pampers up and go = Annoying guy

Not very nice I know. Wonder what people call me?

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's Bitchy. Love it.

Guess I'm kind of verbally challenged, I only can think of one nick name I'm using at the moment - Moron Man. He plays music so loud I can hear it even when there's one apartment between us. When I go to complain he opens the door wearing nothing but socks and drawers and I'm positive he's high or something.

Btw, that picture of you britpopbaby in the red dress has started to make me feel increasingly heteroflexible... ; )

Nothing Really Matters said...

Yes everyone does it! And if they say they don’t there lying! We call this one lady a work “Maggot” or “Saggy” also a lot of other things, but I won’t go into that! And another friend a call her “Man” not really mean I know, but hey she’s a girl and it got so bad once I was calling her that on the shop floor in front of customer’s. Oh and a another lady I know as “the body shop lady” She’s been coming in for years and I still don’t know her name! I’ll stop now this is turning into an essay!

matt of comooxdom said...

Genius,

I used to know a 'fisting boy'??? He worked at the butchers and would... well.... you know.

Keep up the good work. The gin is in the post.

M.

Becky Heineke said...

This must be completely normal b/c I do it, too (ha ha, as if I'm a standard for normalcy). My friends and I used about 50 nicknames when we were in college and it allowed us to talk about people in front of them w/o them knowing. Talk about bitchy. :) I have the names on one of my websites, but I'd never be brave enough to post the descriptions. Wanking Boy...HA!! Yours are great. :)

DKBB said...

"Dead Squirrel Girl" is something I nicknamed a girl in my son's high school that wears her long hair up on top of her head in this free-moving bun thing...when she walks, it bounces back and forth like some sort of animal on her head...and she looks horrid.

Other than that, the only nicknames I use are for my pets...the cat is sometimes Miss Bitch and the dog is Doober Butt. ;)

britpopbaby said...

Oh, good, you're all evil. That makes me feel better. And I just can't believe that there are two 'fisting boys' in this world!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps they are the same fisting boy. He looks the type that would work in a butchers.

Miffed67 said...

Yes, it's bitchy. So what? LOL!

Ruby Blathergab said...

Love it Love it Love it!

Nicks are totally appropriate and much fun, especially the devious ones.

By the by, love your blog. It's layed out beautifully!