Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Got Smacked (again)

I only submitted this blog at italk2much about week ago so I didn't think it would get reviewed for months but lo and behold they smacked me promptly! Turns out they like me more than they like my obsession with Jake Gyllenhaal. That's okay, so do my parents. Here is what Sassy Sadie had to say:

"Easy now. I don’t mind a good romance novel from time to time to break up the monotony of the flights. However, while the graphic in the header is okay, I hate the header. It just looks barren. Why is it so much squeencier than the body of the blog? You should fix that.

It’s a 1 month old blog, but I think she must have been blogging before now. That being said, I did enjoy reading this blog. I like her sense of humor as if she were talking to her friend about what she’s been up to. Good day-in-the-life-of blog. Good snark. Good writing. I don’t understand why the titles are ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS LIKE THIS nor do I understand why make a picture clickable if it isn’t going to lead to a larger version. A pet peeve of mine.

Ring me, we’ll meet up in London for a drink.

How to improve: Fix that header! "

I got three smacks which is pretty darn good. As you can see I've already followed my orders and reinvented my blog, well, changed the colours. Maybe I'll re-submit in a few days. It's sad but I need validation from internet strangers.

P.S I'm keeping the capital letter headers. I think it makes things look clearer and neater.

11 comments:

Miffed67 said...

I swear, you're a glutton for punishment, aren't you? I love this blog AND JW.....so what the hell is their problem? I guess they're so damn perfect, their shit.....oh, sorry, getting carried away!

I lurve ya, bpb! That should be all the validation necessary!

Nothing Really Matters said...

love this blog and JW. I give you 10 sparkle motion stars!

Becky Heineke said...

Hey, I liked your old header. Not that the new one isn't nice also...but from a graphic standpoint I thought it was good and captured the theme quite well, so I don't know what the hell they were talking about. But you know what they say about opinions... Also, in response to your career entry below which I'm too lazy to click back to, hallelujah, sister. Welcome to the directionless graduates club. :) Adult responsibility is so overrated. I wish I had advice, but I really don't. Oh, maybe don't jump back into school right away. Sometimes that ends very, very badly.

Becky Heineke said...

Man, I just read that and it sounded uber-depressing. For the record, I'm having a great time leading a directionless life. ;)

Miffed67 said...

Oh, please! How old are the both of you? What's the big deal about having direction? It's not necessary, you know....I just got some about 2 years ago, and I'm 39! SURE didn't miss out on anything before it happened, either.

britpopbaby said...

I was going to change the colour scheme anyway because the old colours looked hideous on my home computer. I like the old becah house in Mustique vibe but I also like this mysterious blue.

Glad you finally got some direction miffed! Can I come and work for your candle business??

matt of comooxdom said...

Some people just don't know how to stop do they. Could she rant.

Imagine being married to them...

Your tie is too fat, your shirt is crease, why are you wearing those pant? Did you clean your teeth? Have you done any cleaning today? Mow the lawn, make me a drink, stop thinking that I won't leave you. Have you shaved today, are you trying to be funny....

All my dreams in one.

p.s. I also liked your old header.

Becky Heineke said...

Oh, please! How old are the both of you?

*snicker* Touche, miffed!! Not to mention that I tend to act about half my age... Maybe britpop and I should co-write a book on being young and bitter on both sides of the Atlantic. Then, maybe we'd be rich and no longer need direction. :)

Nothing Really Matters said...

Maybe we should all work in the candle business; we sit around bitching about everyone while surfing the net, drinking and occasionally make the odd candle.

britpopbaby said...

^YES!

Now that would be bliss. We'd all have to give live with miffed, I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

Miffed67 said...

Can I come and work for your candle business??

Sure, honey! Won't pay much I'm afraid, but all the gin you can drink!

Maybe britpop and I should co-write a book on being young and bitter on both sides of the Atlantic. Then, maybe we'd be rich and no longer need direction. :)

BRILLIANT, dahling! I love it!

we sit around bitching about everyone while surfing the net, drinking and occasionally make the odd candle.

Ummmm, are you talking about ME? *suspicious glancing over shoulder* ;)

We'd all have to give live with miffed, I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

I have a shed in the back yard....LOL!