Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hello Darlings!

I'm a 22 year old woman who is about to finish University and has no idea what to do with her life. I'm already bitter and twisted and right now my only ambition is to find a rich old man to marry and then slip too many pills into his tea. I also aim to become a gin harpy, this is sitting at the back of a smoky club, nursing a cocktail and spitting at anyone who comes near me. I plan to numb the pain by always being in a state of artifical happiness either through whatever means nessecary. I'm actually drunk right now but I think I'm typing miracously well...maybe I should always write when tipsy. And I know what you're going to say, 'Memoirs' suggests death, someone who has passed, well maybe I have. Ever heard of Roland Barthes, Death of the Author? The reason I'm starting this blog is because I've enjoyed the experience so far with my other blog JAKE WATCH and the reason why I started that is noted on my MySpace.

10 comments:

DKBB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DKBB said...

Good god, I'm sober and I can't type for sh*t. OK, I'll try that again:

You know, britpop, you really do have some decent writing chops... just keep at it, hon, and you might surprise us yet. All your humble blog followers can say "I knew her when...." ;)

britpopbaby said...

Thanks ~dkbb~! That'll be the day. Maybe publishers puruse blogs?

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about not knowing wjat to do. I went too uni and got an Honours in Human Biology and still work in the same job i started 6 years ago, just doing saturdays. Now i work 4/5 days a week and its not in the science field.

If your work is as good as your blogs, then your doing alright!

Anonymous said...

What if she doesn't put half as much effort into her work as her blogs? Just, hyperthetically. lol

britpopbaby said...

It'll depend how sexy my boss is. Be it man or woman.

Becky Heineke said...

Not to worry. You can always just blog at work and then pretend you're getting paid to write. Such is my life. Also, I wrote my 250-page "memoirs" during my senior year of college (but that's much less fun than a blog because no one else could read them) so I maintain it's never too early to start putting this stuff down. Ah, britpop. I can always count on you to keep me entertained!

Anonymous said...

We have something in common. One of my ambitions is to find a rich old lady to marry and then slip too many pills into her tea.

Im sure its Florida where all the rich old people retire! Im thinking "Heartbreakers" Sigourney Weaver and Jennifer Love Hewitt style. Can't hurt to give it a go!

britpopbaby said...

Which one do you want to be? I've been told I look like Sigourney Weaver...

Anonymous said...

Well im guess im left with Jennifer Love Hewitt. Although i would have too have surgery (Sex change and Boob job) Well as never of us have the money for that. You can take the husband and me the wife, twice as much money!