Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Dream Interpretations

I always have very vivid dreams that I can clearly remember in the morning. Mostly they are such nonsense that it would be impossible to try to decipher them but last night I dreamt I was getting my hair cut really short by a very camp hairdresser (think Gino from Neighbours). I didn't mind that he was chopping it all off and I didn't even try to stop him when he put these glittery blonde streaks in it. It looked hideous but I just didn't care!

So I check out the website Dream Moods, whose URL is confusingly dreemmoods.com, and this is what it had to say about hair dreams:
Hair
To dream that you are cutting your hair, suggests that you are experiencing a loss in strength. You may feel that someone is trying to censor you. Alternatively, you may be reshaping your thinking or ambitions and eliminating unwanted thoughts/habits.
To dream that you are combing or styling your hair, suggests that you are taking on and evaluating a new idea, concept, outlook, or way of thinking. You may be putting your thoughts in order and getting your facts straight. A more literal interpretation suggests your concerns about your self-image and appearance.

I was thinking this doesn't really apply because I wasn't cutting my hair, someone else was.
But then I scrolled down and saw this:
Salon
To dream that you are at the salon, indicates your consciousness of your appearance and beauty. You may be trying too hard to impress others. It may also suggests deception and cover-up of some situation. Alternatively, it may denote a new outlook toward life.


Great, it's official. I'm so shallow even my subconscious focuses on aesthetics. Whadda ya make of that Freud? I'm just petty and hollow! Alternatively I'm a big liar with a new outlook.

17 comments:

Nothing Really Matters said...

I’m sure you are natural gorgeous and don’t even have to try! But what I really want to know is who you are deceiving?? and what you are trying to cover-up???

Becky Heineke said...

Well, I'll be a son of a bitch! I just had a salon dream a couple nights ago! I was getting my hair dyed pink (which isn't too far off the map since I'm planning on getting some pink highlights). I think I'll go with the new outlook on life interpretation. You're probably just overwhelmed by your extreme blogging success and new status as quasi-internet celebrity. And I think I was just excited about getting to go to LA this weekend. Or maybe I was just excited about my hair.

britpopbaby said...

Your going to LA? What? Why? When?

I'm going with the new outlook too seens I'm leaving Uni on Friday and have to get a real job. That's kinda weird you had a salon dream too...

Becky Heineke said...

No! Leaving college and going to the real world is no good...although in the end I'm sure you'll find it liberating and possibly turn you against all forms of organized learning. Or maybe that's just me.

Did I not tell you I was going to LA?!! For the first time ever?! I am not on top of things! I have 2 friends that live there and I'm going to take advantage of their hospitality. I'll be there Friday afternoon to Tuesday morning. I have a full stalking, er, walking regiment worked out in the hopes of bringing home a Jake Watch exclusive. It'll probably be a cold day in hell before I actually see Jake, but I'm at least going to get a cupcake from that store he likes so much.

Nothing Really Matters said...

I really want to visit LA, It’s so far away! And I want some cupcakes! You can post them! I’ll pay shipping costs!

britpopbaby said...

YOU BETTER MEET HIM!I'm relying on you now.

Nothing Really Matters said...

That would be so cool Prophecy girl if you do meet him.

Becky Heineke said...

If I meet him, let's just hope I'm able to retain speech functionality. No, seriously, I'm on it. If it's possible, I will make it happen. I'm lucky enough to have friends who will humor my quest, so keep your fingers crossed!!

Anonyme. said...

I live in LA... and you are all MOST welcome with hair dreams and whatnot! seriously, I realized the other day half my posts are about shopping or lipgloss, sooooo.... i guess it's pandemic. ;)
But what's wrong with caring how you look?

(britpopbaby, i absolutely LOVE how your blog looks, by the way. great design!)

britpopbaby said...

proudmary! I love your blog. I guess as long as we can admit we're shallow it's okay, right?

Proph, have you got an itinerary(sp?) yet? Better get all those cafes in!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it just means you're vain...and you shouldn't eat cheese before bed.

Becky Heineke said...

I'm working on my itinerary as we speak. Aside from the cupcake store, I've got a couple of restaurants I picked up off pics at iheartjake. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm more than open. It seems like I'm just going to be going in blind and hoping to God he's walking down the same street that I am. However, I'm already working on plans to be there for the Zodiac premiere if my mission fails this time around... :)

Becky Heineke said...

Shit! Jake's in New York RIGHT NOW?! WHY JAKE? WHY?

britpopbaby said...

That is some bad luck! I suppose he's there with Poppa?

Becky Heineke said...

Probably. Looks like I'm going have to use more vacation days to stand outside a theater and scream like a 12-year-old after all. I was hoping for a more casual encounter. Shucks.

Nothing Really Matters said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nothing Really Matters said...

Thats bad luck Prophecy girl, maybe Jake will make it back in time! I love New York.