Saturday, May 13, 2006

Friday Night Fever

I headed out into the glittering lights of town last night. All I can say is that I have officially turned into a gin harpy, just minus the gin; we were on Sex on the Beach and Blue Lagoon cocktails - how 80's of us. Anneka and I sat in the corner of the bar and bitched about everyone who walked past. Can I just say, frayed denim mini skirt + stillettos = fucking cheap on even the most beautiful woman. What's the matter with people? Just because the temperature rises above 10 degrees for a day does not mean you can go out dressed like it's Ibiza in August.

After we slung back our two pitchers we went on to the local nightclub. Nightclub is not quite the right noun for it, shithole is more accurate. It's full of shits too. The first bloke I got chatted up by was, as he shall always be known, Ribena Boy. We met before in 2004 when he tried to sleep with my pal Sarah but ended up passed out on our couch, only after I'd made him a hot Ribena - fucking child. He's one of those men who knows their good looking ( he kinda looks like Adam Levine) and is just an arrogant twat about it, not cheeky or cocky, just a complete dick. On the night back in 2004 we went to the chip shop before we ended up back at our house and he thought it was hella funny to keep putting his greasy fries on my shoulder and then pointing, saying, "You've got a chip on your shoulder!". Well he hadn't improved any by last night and when I began to recollect our relationship (which also involved a Halloween incident where he was dressed as a baby) he denied having ever met me and claimed it must have been his twin brother. Cock.

The next man was a bald policeman who asked me dance. I tried to pretend that my feet were too sore but Anneka nudged me up. Thanks for that. We had a very arkward dance where he kept trying to ask me questions but hello? we're on a dancefloor, not the place! I promptly left when the song was over and said I'd join him for a drink later but er...I forgot, whoops!

Man Number 3 was a cute Southern American looking gentleman but turned out he was from South London (pronounced Sarf Landan), not so exotic. We spent about an hour chatting before he said, "Look you're beautiful and great to talk too but I've gotta be honest, I've got a girlfriend. She does English too!". Oh, that's great! Maybe we can all get together and read some Chaucer? COCK!

I stopped even making eye contact with people after that but Anneka and I still managed to attract attention in the form of a seventeen year old girl who seemed a little too excited to be out. She told us we were the coolest people she'd met and could she have my phone number? Did I just get hit on my a sixth former? I have to admit it, she was quite foxy, I probably would have. We managed to escape the club and bagged a taxi straight away but had to have a very confusing conversation with the taxi driver about club and pub closing times all the way home. All in all quite a depressing night. I can't wait until I start properly on the gin because that's supposed to make you angry depressed. Woohoo!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on you for bitching about all the other people! Not that I do that of course! Well I’m a shamed too say I did not go out last night, although went to the pub after work.

You might be the last person I ever leave a message for! A big fat spider is crawling under my computer and I’m having a heart attack! Nice knowing you!

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell, girl. I have no idea what that means but I like to say it with my Eastie accent. Honestly, I have no idea what that means either. Perhaps some real southerners need to visit the UK...Keep your chin up kid.

SgtMajor said...

nice night i think
but i prefer just silent night with full moon and clear sky with stars.

matt of comooxdom said...

v. funny. I used to have it the other way around with trying to chat up women who were either too pissed or too pretentious to talk to someone in a t-shirt and jeans. I'm glad those days are over.

I do apologise also - I may have to recruit you to do some writing on the comoox.com website. I like your tone. You could do a "rant section" - I'll pay you in gin if you like.

Miffed67 said...

Wow, getting paid in gin, britpop! Now THAT'S a deal!

britpopbaby said...

I'll only take Bombay Sapphire! I have standards, well, just that one actually.

Nothing Really Matters said...

I would settle for a bottle of champagne! Loveing the blog!

Becky Heineke said...

I love this entry britpop. It brings back so many memories...of me in short denim skirts and heels and looking like a complete whore while freezing my ass off. Yeah, I was one of THOSE people for a couple of months. Thank god I got over it.

So dressed, I once had an incident that has made it impossible for me to ever watch the show Lost again. Really, the story is too terrible to repeat, although my friends are really good about bringing it up at inopportune moments. Oh, and don't listen to fatback about "real" southerners. They aren't all they're cracked up to be. Sorry this response was so long. I'll do anything to avoid work this late in the day.

britpopbaby said...

Well, now you just HAVE to tell me that story!

Miffed67 said...

Oh, and don't listen to fatback about "real" southerners. They aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Huh? Wait....I may resemble that remark! I migth need to hear this story, too!

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»